Breaking News

Beirut Mourns in the Lose of Labanese Firefighters--Not even Found their Body Parts for Burial

 Charbel Hatti was a Lebanese firefighter. He arrived with his team inside the port of Beirut on the instructions of his superiors, who said, "A fire broke out inside a warehouse. About four or five minutes after arriving, Charbel's chest began to throb. Behind him, a colleague was wearing his black and yellow fire protection suit. Charbel remembers turning around to say to him, "Something's wrong here ..." And then there’s the deafening noise. It is a dazzling light. And so on.

 Charbel and his uncle, Karam, who is only 32 years old, and some of Karam's cousins ​​are firefighters in Beirut. The call came to them the other day and they felt like a rescue call. 

Charbel and his cousin Najeeb went ahead with the fire truck. His uncle put his hand behind his back with the ambulance. On the way to the ambulance, Karam made a video call to his wife. His daughter is two years old. This occasional 'video call' is common to him. "We're firefighters, we're going to put out the fire," he whispered to his daughter.

Beirut Mourns in the Lose of Labanese Firefighters--Not even Found their Body Parts for Burial

Meanwhile, Najeeb started setting fire to the truck. When he saw that he was behind, Karam said, "Let's go and call ... boy ..." He shifted gears and followed Najeeb. The sea is close to the port's warehouses. As they sat in the car as they entered the gate of the port, they noticed a gray gray water floating above the sea water. They remembered that his voice was full of terrible panic.

Charbel told a colleague who was sitting in the car and taking video of the gray water smoke. "Looks like there's something wrong inside ..." Charbel never got a chance to explain why he said that.

What happened the next moment was an explosion. The 2,750 metric tons of ammonium nitrate stored in the warehouse at the port where they went to fire caught fire and exploded in an instant. They were at the epicenter of an explosion that 'rolled' for miles across the city of Beirut. In the first phase, at least ten members of the fire brigade arrived at the warehouse just before the blast and were killed in the blast. Their cell phone recordings and voice recordings on official vehicles testified to the above stories, anyway.

Sahar Faris was a medic on the fire fighting team. The injured and burn victims should be given first aid at the site to save their lives. She has to go with that group for that. Sarah was among 10 people who went missing on the day of the blast.

Beirut Mourns in the Lose of Labanese Firefighters--Not even Found their Body Parts for Burial
Sahar Faris

Her wedding was scheduled for June next year. This is what Sahar's fiance  Gilbert Karaan wrote on social media in Arabic. "What's going on, Sarah? We were supposed to get married next year, weren't we? Our house was not ready yet, could we?

In your work, this is a promotion we got unexpectedly, isn't it? You have been elevated from a Medic Firefighter to a Lebanese National Hero. There you will find everything you want. Except for me, who looks at you in a wedding dress and struggles to cry. "

Today, Beirut calls her the "Bride of Beirut". "Sarah you were my life, but today you burned my heart ..." Gilbert wrote as the people of Beirut were heartbroken.

They arrived at the godown from a fire station in La Quarantine, north of Beirut. Only the body of Sahar Faris was found in the gang. The remaining nine are still somewhere in the rubble. Homeowners' hopes that they would return alive are fading.

Follow the link to join our WhatsApp group for latest updates

No comments